Kia ora everyone
Happy New Year to you all. We do hope you are all enjoying the sunshine. We are busy in planning mode again and looking forward to another year of dance.
HAVE A DANCE DAY: Saturday January 30th at Torbay Community Hall.
After such a successful ‘Have a Dance Day’ last year we are planning another awesome day where students can come along and try a range of classes for free and get a feel for what we do. We welcome people of all ages. We are keen to encourage adults to join us and we would really love to get some boys along too. Grace and I would appreciate lots of our existing students to come along and help us by joining in with the classes. We would love a big crowd so bring your friends! No previous dance experience is needed. Just wear dance attire or clothing suitable for exercise. The schedule for the day is as follows:
10am – 10.30am: Weenies – ages 3 – 4 years. Dance combo – Ballet and Creative Dance
10.45am – 11.30am: Younger Kids – ages 5 – 8 years: Dance combo – Ballet and Contemporary Dance
12pm – 12.45am: Older kids- ages 9 - 12 yrs: Dance combo – Ballet, Contemporary Dance and Muscle and Bone
1pm – 2pm: Teens/Adults – ages 13 yrs +: Dance combo – Ballet, Contemporary Dance, Muscle and Bone
Term One commences on Tuesday 9th February and the 2021 timetable follows below.
If you haven't yet enrolled then please drop us an email and we will add you to the class list.
If you wish to make any changes to your enrolment please let us know and if you are not returning and haven’t already notified us it would be really appreciated if you could drop us a line.
We are keen to encourage as many people as possible to Join The Movement at Step Beyond Studios.
PRESCHOOL DANCE: Encourage your child to spark their creative mind, build their confidence and get dancing. Bring them along to Preschool dance at Step Beyond Studios! A fun, positive and encouraging space for boys and girls. Preschool Dance is an energetic and magical class incorporating elements of ballet, creative dance, drama, games, and performance, all to an upbeat playlist that the little ones will LOVE! With a focus on fun, our baby boppers will be developing some major dance skills without even noticing it! Classes on Saturdays 10am – 10.30am.
Notes About Some of Our Classes/Programmes
- From Level 6 ballet students attend 2 ballet classes per week.
- We recommend students attend classes in both ballet and contemporary dance.
- Muscle & Bone (M & B) is a high energy contemporary dance fitness class and is suitable for teenage and adult students who would like to develop strength, fitness and technique.
- The Adult Ballet class on Wednesdays 7pm – 8pm is suitable for both adult beginners and adults with some previous dance experience.
- To ensure that ballet students enrol in the correct class, after completing Level 8 the senior ballet class levels progress in the following order: Pre Elementary, Elementary, Pre Intermediate, Intermediate, Advanced.
- Our youth company One Step Beyond is a creative and challenging outlet for our most dedicated teenage students and membership is by invitation only. To be considered for One Step Beyond students must attend regular classes in contemporary dance and ballet.
2021 Enrolment Forms Required From Everyone Please
The 2021 enrolment form is attached and we require an updated enrolment form completed for each student each year so please complete and return to us. This is especially important as we need to ensure we have current emergency contact details for everyone. If you prefer you can complete the enrolment form on our website - you will find it under the Classes tab.
Positive Culture Policy
This year we have developed a Positive Culture Policy for the school. This policy outlines our philosophy at Step Beyond Studios and our expectations around appropriate behaviour. We require all students to be familiar with this policy and to acknowledge that they understand and agree to these policies. By enrolling in our program you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our Positive Culture Policy.
forward to a great year of dance and hope you are too.
Marian and Grace